Six days ago I received an email which was a tailor-made ‘eruption’, ideally suited to our homework this week. It took me entirely by surprise and challenged a number of secretly-nurtured mental niches and fantasy future projections (both for myself and others) which I had established.
Jack asks us:
- In that ‘eruption’ has something been left out – some other circumstance?
- In your reaction, is something being ignored?
- In the order you impose, is something being added which has no real bearing?
It seems to me that each of those questions invites months of meditation/contemplation in itself: each opens into vast inner vistas. However, here is a summary of my experience so far:
My responses to said email followed three distinct stages.
- At first I was surprised (even mildly shocked) and felt that discussions/decisions had taken place/been taken without due consideration of a wider picture and without consultation.
- Then I contracted, relating the contents, requests and suggestions in the email entirely to (one aspect of) my view of the situation in question and its implications for my imagined future. (A lot was being ignored!) I reacted fast.
- Within a few hours, I was able to recognise a second ripple, further out from the original impact of the stone dropping into the pond of my awareness. Here a bigger picture revealed itself and a wider clarity dawned: I made a list of ordered responses, taking more people and a bigger future than my own into account. (The implications of the email stand to affect many individuals, and several groups, for many years to come.)
Now I find myself cocooned by what feels like a comfortable blankness, but it has substance (density). It strikes me that this is not unlike the density described in the 3 levels of Kum Nye (which presents at the threshold of entering a new level of refinement). This density feels to be holding (to be the embodiment of and symbolic of) another stage of response which is waiting to make itself known. There is simply a sense that there is more to see, more to know, more to integrate before my response will be truly complete and balanced. What would constitute complete completeness and total balance? Is that even possible?
In conjunction with our online study, I am also currently reading a section of Knowledge of Time and Space each morning. This morning’s reading: Field in Operation (page 177) has a direct bearing on the theme of our week’s investigation (another delightful ‘synchronicity’ of T-S-K!)